Get your weekly Opera Fix!
- HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Premier of Exterminating Angels – Metropolitan Opera
- Grinder opera in Orlando
- Hearbeat Opera All the World’s A Drag
- Edmonton Opera
- Lilies (Les Feluettes)
- by librettist Michel Marc Bouchard and composer Kevin March
- October 24 and 27
- The story is set in a prison in 1952, where the prisoners stage an opera-within-an-opera. It replays to a visiting Catholic bishop the events of 1912 that had led to the lifelong incarceration of the innocent Simon, thanks to the duplicity of that very bishop as a young man.
- Young People’s Chorus
- Debuts at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The New York premiere of “Odyssey: A Youth Opera”
- Composer Ben Moore and librettist Kelley Rourke’s
- An hour-long re-telling of Homer’s epic.
- Boston Opera Collaborative – Third Annual Feast of 10-Minute Operas
- Boston New Music Initiative
- Long School of Music Bard College
- November 10 – 12, 2017
- Three brand new commissions and world-premieres!
- Oliver Caplan, Tom Cipullo, Eva Kendrick, Carrie Magin, Tony Solitro, Beth Ratay and David Wolfson.
- Streetwise Opera
- 15th anniversary opera
- 14 and 15 April 2018 at Sage Gateshead.
- Tell Me The Truth About Love will be performed by adults from Streetwise Opera Newcastle/Gateshead who have experienced, or are at risk of, homelessness, alongside musicians from Royal Northern Sinfonia.
- National Opera Week
- NEXT SHOW: Mark Adamo’s “Becoming Santa Clause”
Credits: Peter Szep